Thursday, March 31, 2011

Insomnia and Latin

Have you ever been so tired that you can't sleep? Well, if you haven't, it sucks. A lot. I tried to do my homework, but I was too tired to concentrate. I tried to go to bed, but I couldn't fall asleep. Now I'm back to the homework and I seem to be doing a bit better. The Dr Pepper certainly helps as well. However, Dr Pepper does not translate Latin. But if it did, that would be awesome.

So, I gotta wonder, how many 15 year olds read Persius? I mean, no public school would read him. Hell, most public schools don't even offer Latin. Most private schools wouldn't read him either. Roman satire isn't exactly church friendly. Like in Horace 1.2 talking about "grinding other men's wives" and raping the slave girl. Though I'd love to see a nun try to translate cunnus. Isn't it wonderful that Latin has it's own word for cunt?

Well, back to the translating...

~~Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment