Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday mornings

I think one of the greatest things about not being Christian is that you get to sleep in on Sunday mornings. Why would anyone want to get up early to listen to a boring old man drone on and on about heaven and hell and sin and Jesus and stuff? Granted, not all churches are like that. When we lived in Ireland my mom was adamant about us pretending to be Catholic. I didn't mind that so much, because unlike Baptists, Irish Catholics are pretty cool.

Of course, there is a downside to Sundays: chores. Mom says that since we got to sleep in, we should have plenty of energy to clean. It's just so much to do! Do you have any idea how much of a mess fifteen people can make? Terri says that if I did a little bit every day of the week, it wouldn't be so bad. But she likes doing laundry. I can't understand why.

Well, I suppose I'd better go. I've got laundry and homework to do. Though I don't get why home schooled kids would get homework....

~~Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment