Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Overcoming Jealousy: Drak

I have never been under the assumption that I own my wife. I know full well that it's the other way around.

I first met Myst when she took me prisoner during one of the many raids I and my Saxon brethren made in Britain. Those wars are long since past, but after that we got married, so I suppose I'm still a prisoner of war (at least according to some). She was already involved with Alan at that time, however the point at which they became "married" is still up for debate.

Given our unusual circumstances, I can't say I've experienced jealousy in the traditional sense. I have more often envied Alan's skills with a sword, than with... well... a "sword." Each of us has our own talents. Instead of dwelling on what other's have that I do not, I prefer to focus on what I do have. As the saying goes, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

~~Drak

No comments:

Post a Comment